Here you'll find a fine selection of projects I am involved in.
The JAMstack and static site generators
I do like the JAMstack and static site generators. And there is a lot to like about it. Compared to the "old way" of doing things (read: the LAMPstack) the JAMstack offers many benefits:
- Better performance as pages are prebuilt and served from CDNs,
- higher security by reducing surface areas for attackers,
- cheaper, easier scaling through CDNs,
- better developer experience which makes the web fun again 💕.
Thanks to markdown the content of my projects can be read and maintained with a simple text editor.
Tools of the trade
- WordPress and the Roots.io stack for oldschool dynamic sites
- Tailwind-CSS , Bulma , Sass/SCSS , PostCSS ...
- Rollup , Gulp , Webpack ...
- Netlify (+CMS)
- Git at GitHub , GitLab and self-hosted
- Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher
- Mac, Linux (and Windows if need be)
- the shell
Actionscript(but I implemented a Card-Sorting-App with it once 💪)
My own page
My own website is more of a playground to test new Hugo features. It sports a search function that uses algolia as a search provider. The games table was originally coded in Angular, later in React and now in Svelte. Let's see what new reactive framework I'll port it to next 😉
A site all about story telling games. I am responsible for continuous integration, deployment and adding dynamic features.
Termux Extra Repository
This apt repository contains extra packages for Termux, an Android terminal emulator and Linux environment app.
FU - the freeform universal roleplaying game
German website about FU: the Freeform Universal RPG. I setup the tooling and make sure the site runs smoothly.
A site all about the well known dice game "Heckmeck am Bratwurmeck", also known as "Pickomino" outside of Germany. While the design may feel a bit dated, the underlying stack isn't. The site is developed in staging and production environments and makes use of the the WordPress stack by roots.io.